Skip to main content

Depots Make a Difference - Brittany's Milk Donation Story

Did you know that the people who greet donors at our depots are volunteers for Mothers' Milk Bank at Austin? They volunteer during their normal work hours and assist with logging milk that is dropped off, storing the milk properly, packing the milk into boxes or coolers, and shipping it back to us or coordinating pickups with our courier. They do a lot to make the donation process work smoothly for MMBA and also for our wonderful donors. We're thankful for all of our depots and the hard work of our volunteers in supporting our mission of saves babies' lives by providing prescribed donor human milk!



Donor Mom Brittany and her baby Remington are happy to share their milk with Mothers' Milk Bank at Austin. Brittany shares how her friend Andrea at our San Antonio Food Bank depot helped make the donation process easy.

"Being a first time mom with excess milk, I knew I wanted to do more than just let it stock pile in my freezer. Donating to those in need was the perfect option. After a lot of research, I found myself on the Mother's Milk Bank website. In speaking with several of the ladies at their office, I knew I had found the right organization.

After becoming an approved donor, I began wondering what I had just signed up for- Could I get to an approved site quickly? Are the hours flexible? Will they have the space for the milk? So many thoughts ran through my mind. I reached out to my friend Andrea Price, one of the SA Food Bank educators, and spoke with her in lengths about how drop-offs work. She answered all of my questions and eased my mind quickly. The San Antonio Food Bank had it all. They made scheduling drop off so simple and convenient! They truly cater to mothers, because let’s be honest, we all need quick and convenient with a baby or two. I was able to schedule several drop off days and times. I can’t thank Andrea and the SA Food Bank team enough for making this all possible, and helping me make my milk donations to the Mother’s Milk Bank such a great experience. It’s so humbling knowing that my milk is going to good use and helping so many sweet babies. 


To those who have been thinking about donating, but have been hesitant, do it. Knowing you’re helping so many babies is such a gratifying feeling. Every bit counts!” -Brittany and baby Remington

You don't need to live in Austin to donate! Visit our full list of depots to find one near you.

Comments

Post a Comment